Thursday, October 27, 2011

Have You Seen Me? 10-27-11

Aloha good people,
I decided to create a new segment to the blog called "Have you seen me?"  Based on a recent comment from Barbara wondering about little Max's whereabouts.... I thought utilizing the readers on the blog might be useful. I am assuming we have people from the other islands peeking in on the blog from time to time.... 
Also a recent email from a volunteer on Kauai was asking about T21... he was her first encounter with a seal back in 2006... and wondered what happened to him.... It felt really good to respond and send her a link to the blog showing he has spent much of his time here on Oahu.
So here's hoping the Have You Seen Me segment brings some success....  As always a big thank you to everyone for all you do! ~da blog lady!


MAX - R5EW/5EX - Last seen on Nimitz Beach Oahu on August 9th 2011.
 MAX was very green when last seen, and has probably gone through a molt. 
He was tagged on March 1st 2011 with R5EW/5EX tags
 VO14 bleach mark (meaning he was bleached on Kauai) but if he has a new coat the bleach number won't apply.
 Max was first seen on Oahu on July 15th 2011

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Awe Donna, you are sweet and I am so very grateful for this...I wish with all my heart, SOMEONE responds to this with, YES!!!! I have seen Max R5EW/R5EX at....that would be AWESOME and a big relief to me...God Bless.B

And I want to say, we found Max on March 1st 2011 at Nanakuli's Puka Pants beach...He was this paper thin little guy. Next sighting was at Paradise Cove and then, he went on to KoOlina where he got his tags right in front of the Disney Hotel. From then, he went to Campbells, once at Electric Beach, then to Nimitz and White Plains. And we so enjoyed him, finding him and wishing he'd grow old with us. But went missing on Aug 9th. SO here's hoping this wonderful little green seal, shows up on this new Creation..Have you seen me???
And Yes we have seen T21M many times out at Iroquios Pt, mostly with Rocky RH58, lots of times at Kaena Pt and most recently spotted at Kauai with Irma, Yep..so the old crusty dude, is just fine and BUSY.

Barbara said...

Well, I guess in my heart, I thought MAYBE, some one could find Max alive. But, a part of me thinks, maybe something dreadful happened to Max on the last time we saw him. Oh my, I hope not. He was such a sweet little fellow and I cared about him. It hurts to think, we may never meet again...We have looked so hard daily, in places we never go to, in hopes of finding him. MAX COME HOME!! Miss you kid...I miss you..You are always in my prayers and always have been. I still wish, you just went away...seals do that too. I keep hoping you'll show up with Makaiwi, like you used to.seems you followed her alot. Will continue our search for you ...........