Saturday, December 20, 2008

DB Post Friday December 19th

Sadie&Rip @RI, Kermit@SB, Rocky@Makalei Beach Park, 2AW&Ewa Girl@CIP
My day began with Kermit, at Sandy Beach at 0608. I found him exactly where I'd left him last night. An overnighter is a virtual certainty. He was still there at the end of the day. I'll recheck him at dusk.

At 0945 Thea called with the report of an animal at Makalei Beach Park, which is a little mini-park just where Diamond Head ends an the "Gold Coast" of Waikiki begins. When I arrived at 1030, I found that it was Rocky. Since it was crappy beach day, she had the entire beach to herself. I searched my records and can find no evidence that Rocky has ever hauled out here before, which is surprising since she basically owns Diamond Head, and is seen often along the Gold Coast condos, and the Outrigger/Elks Club area. I hadn't been to Makalei since Chester died. He used to own the place. Every sighting ever recorded there was always Chester.

When I got back to the pier at 1133 I found what proved to be Sadie near the 3BS, and later RIP hauled out a few hundred feet to the right of 3BS. Both were still there when I departed the pier .

Team Billand called to say that the road leading to White Plains, and Kalaeloa was close, due to an early small aircraft crash, so they were unable to get down there, however they later scored 2AW behind the lumber yard, and Ewa Girl at the palm grove, at Campbell Industrial Park.













No comments: