Sunday, December 14, 2008

DB Post Saturday December 13th

RIP,Kolohe,R301& U/F@RI, Kermit@SB, Irma@WP 12-13-08
The Rabbit Island crew for today was RIP and Kolohe near the 3BS, and R301 and one of the girlz at the left end. It was impossible to make the call as to whether it was RB08 or Sadie, but it was one or the other for sure.

I'm sure that RIP was also yesterday's U/U at Spitting Cave with Buster.

I got a call from Lifeguard posse member Billy, at Sandy Beach, reporting an animal at "Crappy Cove" at the back entrance to Sandy Beach, at 1023. When I arrived at 1037 I found that it was Kermit. I had checked this location between 0530 and 0600 this morning, and he had not been there. Billy had notices a bus load of tourists taking pictures of something in the Naupaka, and investigated. The group spooked Kermit and he headed for the water line. Billy got them to back off, and when I got there all the people were gone. I cordoned him off at his water line location, and sure enough, just as I tied off the last stake, he galumphed back up to the Naupaka , so I did it all over again. Kermit was still there on my 1500 check. I have the 1700 to 2300 KP2 shift, so my wife, Marilyn will deal with Kermit at dusk.

Team Billand called at 0918 with the report of Irma at White Plains. Aloha, DB
sorry for the delay good people... I've been in bed with a nasty cold and the cold meds got the best of me... funny thing is, I did post this... but not here... anyway, enjoy! ~donna~



No comments: