Wednesday, December 17, 2008

DB Post Wednesday December 17th

Buster,Sadie&R301@RI, Kermit@SB, Irma@WP, R5AY@Laniakea, 12-17-08
On my 2nd check of Crappy Cove at SB, I found Kermit, 200 ft further east on the beach than on previous days. I cordoned him off, and adjusted the ropes at 1000 when he moved down. He was still there on my 1500 check, and , as usual, I will return at dusk to reassess.

On my first Rabbit Island check at 0744, I found what would prove to be Buster, tucked into the base of the cliff, 40 ft left of 1BS. When I came back at 1043, I found that Sadie had just arrived down at the 3BS. She galumphed up and into the Morning Glory, and a depression below the sign, and was completely out of my sight. Had I not seen her do it, I would have no idea that she was there.

At 1121 R301 hauled out to the 3BS. Sadie came down to meet him. She was totally the aggressor, and was nuzzling and doing cute , coy rolls but the dummy hardly reacted. Shortly thereafter Sadie calmed down and both spent the rest of the day close together in snoozes mode.

Thea called to report an animal at White Plains. The Billands later confirmed that it was Irma.

At 1250 Thea also reported that R5AY was at Laniakea today. Aloha, DB










No comments: