Monday, December 15, 2008

DB Post Monday December 15th

Kolohe&Sadie@RI,Kermit@SB,Rocky&R301@SC, KP2 departure, 12-15-08
I found Kermit waiting for me at Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. He was up at the Naupaka, and appeared to have overnighted. His D#14 molt is still 99%.

I got to Spitting Cave at 0805, and at 0826 Rocky showed up, doing 9 minute dives. At 0919 I became aware that she was not alone. The new arrival turned out to be R301. Though they did several simultaneous "ups", R301 always maintained a 15 ft separation on the surface.

When I got back to the pier at 1130, I found Kolohe snoozin' near the water line at 3BS. Sadie was doing her own snoozin' a few hundred yards down the beach to the right.

The big news of the day, of course, was KP2's departure for an "undisclosed location", via CG helicopter. He made KITV, and the Advertiser. There was a hardcore group of volunteers who spent a lot of hours and days with that boy. He'll be missed , for sure, but this is the way it should be. Happy Trails, kid ! Keep your eyes open, RW46 may be on your beach one of these days ! Aloha, DB



No comments: