Friday, December 12, 2008

DB Post Friday December 12th

Mojo&Kolohe@RI, Kermit@SB, Buster& U/U@SC, Yoda@DH, 12-12-08
At 0630 I found Kermit waiting for me at the east end of Sandy Beach, up near the vegetation line. He would move down to cool off at mid day. I had to readjust the cordon a couple of times but he remained there all day. He was still there on my 1600 pass. I'll recheck him at dark.

At 0837 I found 2 animals at Spitting Cave. There was some interaction, and dives were random in length. I identified Buster, but the other, larger animal I just could confirm. M&M is a definite possibility, but it is only a guess. The larger animal did not surface again after the 0932 dive, however Buster remained there all day. He was still there on my 1500 check.

Posse person, Colleen checked in around 1130 with the report of what turned out to be Yoda, on the beach , directly behind her house at Diamond Head. She provided photos, and it a confirmed Yoda ID.

I rechecked Kermit at 1830. He showed no inclination to leave. I picked up the rope and called it a day.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

What great shots of both seals. Wish we were there as NO SEALS IN OUR AREA..AGAIN! Wonder if Kermit will now hunt for his babe...IRMA!