Tuesday, December 16, 2008

DB Post Tuesday December 16th

Sadie@RI, Kermit@SB, Irma @KGG
It was not until my 4th pass, checking Crappy Cove, at Sandy Beach, that Kermit finally showed up, at 0858. I'm happy to report that on D#15 he is 100% molted, and lookin' spiffy for another year. I adjusted his ropes at 1100 when he moved down, and rechecked him at 1500. He was still there , snoozin' away. I'll return at dusk to reassess.

My first check of RI was negative, but when I got back to the pier at 1000, I found what would prove to be Sadie, at the far left end of the island. For some time now, I've been making my Sadie or RB08 ID's based on galumphing styles. RB08 is completely unique, but Sadie has just a routine, normal galumph. They are otherwise twins. I'd recently been able to see a couple of small dings on what I believed to be Sadie, and today I got real proof. My Sadie animal was out there, and a State guy (Jaap) was out there with some others doing a RI survey. He got the tag number for me, and lo and behold I was right. The animal really is SADIE !!! For those who don't know, Sadie is my first RI daughter, from Ewa Girl last year. She is Kerby's older sister.

The Billands reported that Irma was at Kalaeloa Campgrounds (KCG) near the "Fire" surf school










No comments: