Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ka'enaat Ka'ena Point reported by Joanne

Aloha All! I did make it to KP today believe it or not! Cruised the beach the whole way....it's incredible how the topography has changed from the weather compared to last weekend! I also saw three waterfalls in the mountains! But....the best news is I saw three monk seals.....(to match each waterfall!) Ka'ena was on coral beach, Benny was on the right side of the birthing beach and baby Kerby was tucked in the rocks on the left side of the birthing beach. The Kerbster was the best find of all! There is quite a bit of debris washed up and I did some beach clean-up out there as well....lots of netting and plastic bags. If anyone goes out there I suggest bringing a garbage bag to collect trash...No visitors today when I was there from 11:15-1:30.....which is always nice. Hope everyone has a great week! I'm off to Montana for the holiday, so this was my last trek until the first of the year. Hope everyone has a great holiday! Take care,jo

No comments: