Sunday, December 28, 2008

DB Post Sunday December 28th

After a 15 day stint at Sandy Beach, Kermit was not there when I arrived at 0600, nor did he show up anywhere in the SE quadrant. I then spent the rest of the morning waiting for the other shoe to drop. Drop it did, at 1130, with a call from the Billands who had just been contacted by Gretchen about an animal in Waikiki. Duh !!....... any guesses ? When I arrive at Queen's Beach, in Waikiki there was Kermit cruisin' on the beach near the 2F lifeguard stand. The Lifeguards had cordoned him off upon arrival around 1130. Volunteer Cindy, the Billands, Shawn and Gretchen were all there. Volunteers Cindy and Don, did the bulk of the duty. I have recieved no further word as of this writing. I'll return in the morning to check on him and deal with the signs etc., as required.

At 0826 I found Buster doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave. At 0918 he headed off around the point in a Hanauma Bay direction. Rabbit Island had been Monk Seal free on my first two checks, but when I got back to the pier after the Waikiki run, at 1438, I found Buster resting on the beach at the left end of the island.

The Billands called at 1015 with the report of Rocky on Nimitz Beach, and called again at 1048 to report Irma at the Last Bench at Kalaeloa Campgrounds.

I got a called at around 1600 from David Schofield, reporting that he'd gotten a call from Gordon Olayvar, reporting KC at MCHB. I spoke with Gordon shortly thereafter and he confirmed KC near the Shooting Range, on MCBH. She had been there all day, and was duly cordoned off. He will forward photos, but nothind as of this writing.







No comments: