Tuesday, December 9, 2008

DB Post Monday December 8th

On my first pass of the SE quadrant I found Kermit (D#7 80% molted), and R301, 80 ft right of 3BS, on RI. When I got back to the pier at 1200 , I found that Buster, and M&M had joined the cast. They were up at the left end of the island. On a pan at 1218 I noticed that Mojo had probably been there with Kermit and R301, but down in a tide pools and out of my line of sight. Since my 2nd floor office is demolished, I was forced to do my observations from down on the pier amongst the "mere mortals", and the shots were horribly bad, due to the heat distortion from the rocks. You'll just have to take my word for it.

At 1209 Tracy called about a animal at Diamond Head. I hesitated , initially, to make the drive, but ultimately I did. and to be shock and I found Yoda (aka R302...Tiny Tim) 300 yds west of the Black Point access to Diamond Head. This marks the first time Yoda has been seen anywhere except the SW and West quadrants.

Yoda (Tiny Tim) was first seen at Iroquois Point on 11-28-07 . There is no history prior to my seeing him there. The Billands have seen Yoda at Germaine's Luau Grounds on 12-4, and Nimitz Beach on 12-5, but both those sightings were in the dark, and the photos were inconclusive, though probably Yoda. I can now say with certainty that it was , in fact , Yoda at the Billands sightings.

Speaking of the Billands, they reported Irma at the Last Bench at Kalaeloa Campgrounds at 0825. Aloha, DB





No comments: