Sunday, August 29, 2010

8/29/2010 DB Dailies

At 0650 I found M&M and Duke, widely separated on the far left end of the beach, and Ewa Girl at the left end of the Middle Cliff, on Rabbit Island. Ewa Girl's D#3 molt was 15%. She would do a mid day swim but returned to the same location.

At 0708 I found Buster and Sadie together in the Morning Glory , 40 ft left of 1BS. They would later move down to cool off.

At 1332, Sam just barely got hauled out to Buster and Sadie's location, when Buster moved down to join him, and they entered the water at 1335 for a swim/play session. I got only occasional glimpse of them since it was very rough seas today. At 1458 Buster returned to Sadie's side, but I did not see Sam again today.
Dana called at 1034 to advise that R5AY was on the main beach at the Turtle Bay Hotel. This is her first sighting since weaning the pup. Ua Malie did not get found until 1530, on the Kahuku side of the point.

Team Billand reported Makaiwi on the Ewa Beach side of the east end perimeter fence at White Plains.

The Kenyons did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found Ka'ena, T15M, Kiko and Benny at the point, and they found RI37 on the trek in from the Waianae side.

Buster and Sadie
Buster, Sam and Sadie
Maka'iwi 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Question? How come it took so long to find Ua?? Is she traveling farther and farther away?? Hmmmm, busy fat girl huh? Wow, R5AY showed up? Wonder if she is still giving Ua Malie advice on the area and where to go. Thats so cool. I always said, she is one tuff, good, loving Mama. Kind of like my Mama...she was awesome herself. I miss my Mama till this day....she taught me alot.