Sunday, July 12, 2009

DB Post Sunday 7/12/2009

The first order of business was to check Hanauma Bay at 0630. I found Ewa Girl and her U/M right where I'd left them last night, on the left side rock flats. Access to them was limited by the fact that both were alert, so I really didn't learn anything new about our U/M.

In a conversation with HB posse person Ann, at 1545 I was told that while Ewa Girl was still there, the U/M had departed somewhere between 1130 and 1245. I have no othere info.

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0824 I found M&M and pup at 3BS. They would remain there all day. I observed 1 swim and 2 feeds. The kid is chunkin' up.

At 1047 I found Sadie at the left end of the beach, where she would remain all day, and at 1100 his porkiness, Duke , hauled out to the middle of the Middle Cliff area (MMC). He would reenter the water at 1400, only to haul out again 80 ft right of 3BS at 1419 , where he spent the rest of the day.

Posse person , Rachel called at 0900 from Diamond Head to report that Rocky was in her usual spot below the 2nd Lookout.

Team Billand valiantly cover the Ewa Beach to Campbell Industrial Park are and found nobody, however a couple of witnesses reported an animal in the Kalaeloa/Nimitz area, just ahead of them, however the animal never hauled out.

I found a piece of footage on You Tube this morning of what is most certainly KC at MCBH on 7-11-09. She had last been seen my the Young clan at Laie on 7-9-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufFTUJ605W8

No comments: