Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4-6-11 DB Dailies

Despite lots of lookin' it would be 1340 before I found a critter in the SE quadrant. On my 4th look at Rabbit Island I finally found what would prove to be RIP (RR70), 60 ft right of 3BS. He was the one and only non-winged RI resident today.
At 0713, surfer posse member Dave Martin called to report "N3" (Irma / R010) near the showers at Diamond Head. I called Colleen at 0714 and she was on the way.

At 0750 I got a call from Team Billand, in Vegas, reporting that Base Police Officer Nozawa had called them reporting a small animal just hauling out fronting #1811 at Nimitz Cottages. I contacted Dana and Dera at 0752. Dera called back at 0854 to advise that she had contacted Nozawa, and he confirmed that he'd seen a V014 bleach. That is Max (R5EW)

At 0829 Dera called with the report of an animal at the east end fence line at White Plains. At 1000 Dana called to advise that volunteer Heather had responded to the Nimitz call, and was now at White Plains with a possible Kermit. Awaiting photos.

At 1050 Dana called with the report of another animal hauling out at White Plains. I've received no further info on that critter at this writing.

Irma @ Diamond Head

No comments: