Sunday, April 24, 2011

4-23-11 DB Dailies

From the Makapuu Overview, at 0637 I could see an adult sized animal on the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach on Rabbit Island. The animal was not visible from either Kaupo Beach Park or Makai Pier. When I got back to the pier at 0923 the animal was partially visible, but shortly thereafter it moved down and entered the water. I was never able to see anything to give me a clue. I did not see the critter again.

Also at 0923 I found Duke (RA12) snoozin' on the water front rocks , 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. He remained all day.

Team Billand checked in at 0830 with the report of Kermit (R4DG) at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. He would depart with the rising tide at 1736.  At 1352 the Billands found Makaiwi (R4DF) at Campbell Industrial Park.
Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found R018 at the end of the world.

From the old news department, the stagecoach arrived from Laie today, and on board were shots of the animal seen there on 4-19-11. I've slaved over the shots, and also forward them to Tracy. I've always said that one and a half brains can do anything. I've put in my 3/4's now it's up to Tracy. My dollar is on R5AY, based on belly markers, and the visible red tag, but that is definitely unofficial.

Unidentified Female Laie 
If it is R5AY she looking mighty large
R018 @ Ka'ena Point
Kermit @ Windsock
Rolling over and stretching
now some crunches working my 12 pack
Maka'iwi @ Campbells

No comments: