Monday, April 18, 2011

4-18-11 DB Dailies

At 0740 I did my Kokee Flats check at Portlock. When I got out to the end at Irma's Grotto, at 0747, I found Irma (R010) in all her radiant rotundness, barely wedged down in a tide pool.

When I got back to Makai Pier for my 2nd Rabbit Island look, I found a critter on the water front rocks to the left of Seal Rock Inlet. It took until 1331 to finally see enough to go with a Buster (RV08) ID. He is the same U/M that I've been seeing of late but I finally got a good enough look at all aspects, and the 2 red tags, and mottled belly, along with the regularity of his appearances and behavior, and ruling out all other regulars, all say Buster.

Team Billand called at 0830 to report that Sharkbite (T15M) was at Tracks. It's his first documented visit to that location. The Billands called again at 0950 to report Kermit (R4DG) at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach , on the reef. The rising tide would require him to relocate to the beach at 1342. He finally departed at 1630.
Team Billand next reported M&M (R020) at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park at 1000.

Dera called at 1038 to report that RI37 was at Alligator Rock, on the North Shore.

Mystery solved... and DB gets to keep the cat... the U//M is Buster
 Irma @ Kokee Flats
 WHOA! Baby... Irma where will you go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSV9dZGw9Ps

Is there a way to educate these kids about harassing this poor seal on Lanai?

Barbara said...

So happy Irma is with YOU and looking giganticaly Plump!!! Awesome shots of a royal seal...hoping its a girl!!!!

Donna said...

Hi Anonymous....
Hopefully some of the planned public awareness outreach efforts from NOAA/NMFS will get the point across. The good news is there is alot more awareness now than there was a few years back... the bad news is there will always be mindless people who need to cross the line...
Thank you for your comment, and if I have the opportunity to pass along this information I will.

da blog lady