Monday, April 25, 2011

4-24-11 Kellygirl Reports on Right Spot

Aloha,
Arrived at Kawela Beaches aproximately 12:15 with a bit of a search I found Right Spot. Because it was a pretty remote spot I did not set up signs or ropes, just Right Spot at a secret spot. A Kawela Posse Melisa said that Right Spot had been there since 7:30am. Right spot had been harrassed but stood her ground. Melisa said a lady walked out on the cement pillar and had reached down to touch Right Spots tail so she could be in a picture with the seal when Right Spot reared up at her and she almost fell over backwards. I'm not sure if that lady was apart of the group who tried to splash her with water and throw chicken bones at her?
The few people I had met were very ignorant and pushy and wanted to sit next to her and asked what was I going to do about it! Well that just made me want to stay with her as long as I could. However I had to leave at 4:30pm. Melisa said she would keep an eye on her and let us know when she returns to the water. That area has a lot of beach rentals but the owners of the rentals have signs in the cottages explaining what to do if they see a seal but we know how well that works, NOT! But at least they try:)
Attached are pictures of Right Spot. You can see her bleach mark on her right side and if you look close in one of the pictures you will see a N6 on her tail. She looks like she has been binge eating since I saw her at Turtle Bay last week where she had looked deflated.
Another lovely seal day in paradise:)
kelly girl

No comments: