Sunday, April 17, 2011

4-16-11 DB Dailies Seal Count Day

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island, at 0912, I found my U/M, with 2 red tags, hauling out 100 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. It was definitely yesterday's U/M, and I suspect that its Buster, but I couldn't see enough to rule out others.   At 0917 Duke (RA12) and Kolohe (RW22) hauled out together , 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. The U/M would galumph over to join them.   At 1216 all three would enter the water, lead by Duke. They did a swim play session ranging all the way to the left end surf break.

I last saw the U/M, or at least the muzzle of the U/M , well off shore, and heading in an Oahu direction at 1300. Duke and Kolohe would haul out together at Seal Rock Inlet at 1336. They immediately went to snooze mode. (DB, how is it we have this U/M without your whisper instincts... I thought by now you would be betting at least one cat....)
That would prove to be the Zone #12 count for day. Thank you to Lesley and Marilyn doing the ADs trek.

Team Billand called at 0735 with the report of R018 at Tracks.  At 0906 their posse member, Frank called them to report an animal at Iroquois Point. When the Billands arrived they found Rocky (RH58). I was hoping she was at Kauai by now, but apparently not. 

Dana called the Billands at 0932 with the report of an animal at White Plains. When the Billands arrived they found Kermit (R4DG) fronting #1707.

At 0940 Team Billand reported Max (R5EW) by himself at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.

Dana called at 1122 to advise that she had found R2AW with R018.

At 1751 Colleen found Irma (R010) near the showers at Diamond Head.

Team Billand came through with a late find of Noa (R6FI) at Maili Point.

Diane Gabriel and Larry Stamey came through with shots of Ka'ena (RO40) at Ka'ena Point today.

Right Spot was reported in Zone 3, on the North Shore.

UM, Kolohe and Duke
Kolohe and Duke
This gives you a little perspective how cool DB's photos are, amazing he is able to get such great shots.
Ka'ena @ Ka'ena Point
2AW @ Tracks
Irma @ Diamond Head
Max @ Campbells

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In answer to Donna's query about my U/M... In my little Whisperer heart I know that this is most likely Buster and it pains me deeply to finish any day with an unknown. The problem is that scientific observations have one basic, bottom line, Golden Rule that has been driven into my DNA over the years. "Don't tell me what you KNOW... Tell me what you SEE". Is it Buster ?.. I'm put a cat on it !

Donna - President said...

Okay I feel SOOOO much better... I knew you had and idea who it was....

Okay then as far as science goes, we have an unknown male.
For the rest of us average joe and janes... its BUSTER!!!

Donna - President said...

oops... okay i am logged into my other account... my name looks silly so sorry...