Saturday, April 16, 2011

4-15-11 DB Dailes

From Makai Pier, on my 2nd Rabbit Island look, I found Duke (A12) and Kolohe (RW22) together on the water front rocks, 50 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. They would be joined at 0836 by what would end the day as an U/M, with 2 red tags, They only critter I could rule out was RIP. Hopefully it was Buster, but I really have no clue. Maybe tomorrow. At 1100 all three entered the water and did a swim/play session, ranging as far as the surf line up at the left end. The U/M hauled out to 2BS at 1223, while Duke and Kolohe hauled out together 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet at 1253. All snoozed away the rest of the day.

Dana called at 0921 with the report of an animal at Yokes. Somehow or another that wound up being Pokai Bay. A volunteer responded, and provided word that it was a smallish animal, with 2 red tags and an epoxy patch on the back. The photo received, plus the description would suggest Makaiwi (R4DF) The Billands got there at 1433, but alas the animal had departed 5 minutes prior to their arrival.

Team Billand reported Kermit (R4DG) at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 0955. At 1231 the found Max (R5EW) way beyond the last bunker, nearly at the end of the runway, on the west side of Nimitz jetty.

Kolohe, Duke and Unidentified Male 
 Who could it be now?  U/M
 Maka'iwi @ Pokai Bay
 Kermit @ Windsock
Kermit pledging allegiance
 Max @ Nimitz
 Just want to pinch those cheeks!
 I can do it... I can do it.... I know I can
 I'm doing it... yes I am I knew I could

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHnw9WdXnOU

Share the link and video with everyone in hopes that people are careful out in the ocean and watch out for all marine life.