Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 9/30/09

The Rabbit Island cast for today began with RIP at the left end at 0700, and then when I got back from my SWQ trek in the afternoon I found first Kolohe, and then Mikala.

The Billands had reported Irma at White Plains on their 0601 call. I decided to make a South-West Quadrant run and from 0950 until 1235 I covered the area from Ewa Beach to Campbell Industrial Park. Irma at White Plains was my only find. She was in the capable flippers of Diane Gabriel. Diane called again at 1245 to report that Kermit had joined Irma at 1210. When the Billands checked at 1640, Irma was once again alone.

I got shots from Jenn Maldonado after her Ka'ena Point trek, and confirmed that she had seen Kerby, Ka'ena, T15M, and what, unfortunately has to be carried as an U/U, who is obviously molting. The character of the molt would suggest a youngish animal, but I have no clue at this writing.

The afternoon Rabbit Island check , unfortunately involved two bad guys (1 male, 1 female) off a small inflatable craft. They came ashore at 2BS, at 1521, and explored to the right end of the island. They encountered, and ran off Kolohe who was to the right of 3BS. I called DOCARE , of course, but got the "end of the work day" story. There was no DOCASRE response, and the two got away clean........................again !!!! DOCARE hours are 0745 until 1645, but anything after 1500 appears to be too late !
Irma


Kermit
Kerby & Ka'ena
T15M & U/U

No comments: