Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 9/22/09

It was not until my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0931, that I finally found a critter. On my first pass at 0630 I thought there might be something hidden in the shadows at the base of the left end cliff, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 0931 it was apparent that there was an animal partially visible back there. When the critter moved down at 1053 it proved to be Sadie (1043) . She would move into the water at 1055 and haul out again to join our next cast member. at 1058.

At 0941 Mikala (0945) hauled out 60 ft left of 1BS at the left end of the beach. After playing with sticks for a while, she reentered the water and hauled out again at the far left end of the beach. At 1058 Sadie would haul out to join her. There was barely any interaction at all, and both remained there the rest of the day.

Because I had not seen the newly returned Duke all day, I decided to relocate to the Makapuu Overview (MO) at 1536, and sure enough there was Duke behind rocks that made him invisible from Makai Pier (MP). I relocated to Kaupo Beach Park and confirmed the Duke ID at 1542. No photo evidence was possible, but Whisperers don't lie... honest !

Just a brief note on Sadie and Duke. Regular readers may remember that I opined during Duke's absence that he might have taken off on a adventure with Sadie. When he popped up yesterday after his 11 day absence I expected to see Sadie, if that were true. By end of day she had not shown, however when I found her first thing this morning, I couldn't help but think that the possibility is still something to think about. Only Sadie and Duke know.

Team Billand called at 0657 to advise that Irma was still at cottage #1708 at White Plains, for D#4. They redid the cordon and continued on their adventure, finding nobody else in the SW quadrant. I received mail and photos from Diane Gabriel so I know that she was there, but for all who served in anonimity today. Thank you...............very much !!!! You are each worth your weights in Manapua !!!
Sadie & Mikala
Irma at White Plains

No comments: