Saturday, September 5, 2009

DB Post Saturday 9/5/2009

Rabbit Island was the only action today. On my first pass nobody was home, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 0923 I found Kolohe waiting for me at the left end of the beach, 70 ft left of 1BS. His is decaying nicely. His D#4 molt was a conservative 40%. I noticed that his right side natural bleach in now bare, and the Q ball sized white spot is clearly visible. It's a good thing because his dorsal epoxy should be history in a day or two. Kolohe would remain at that location all day.

At 0937 he was joined by Buster , who hauled out fronting 1BS, and galumphed over to join Kolohe. The was only minimal interaction. Both animals remained there together all day.

On a pan at 0948 I found Mikala on the far left end of the beach. She would enter the water at 1340 and after a short swim session, hauled out again, 50 ft left of 1BS.

At 1234 Duke moved up from behind the left side rocks on the rubble beach at the right end. He would remain there by himself the rest of the day.

No comments: