Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 9/23/09

Based on an early morning email from Patrick Ching ,reporting 2 animals at Kaupo Beach Park last night, I was on the road at 0545. I walked every inch of KPB and found nobody. I spoke with Patrick later in the morning and he advised that he had been told of the haul outs by one of the derelict, homeless, car dwellers, that are "permanent residents" at KPB. It just so happened that the woman was somebody I see everyday, and I spoke with her after speaking with Patrick. Other than to say "2 animals" and "around midnight" she was of no further help. This is the same location where Buster and Ewa Girl hauled out, and Buster alone on 2 other occasions. I'm thinking Buster and Benny, but obviously I have no clue. I haven't seen Buster and Benny since 9-21.

On my first Rabbit Island look at 0628 I found what would prove to be Sadie (1139) , partially visible behind the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. She would move down at 1139 allowing the ID.

At 0943 , Mikala hauled out 90 ft left of 1BS, and would remain there, by herself the rest of the day.

At 1226, Duke (1226) hauled out to join Sadie, left of 1BS. There was very little interaction, and both animals remained there together for the rest of the day.

At 0616, Team Billand called to confirm that Irma was still at White Plains, fronting #1708, for D#5.

Email from Jenn Metz provided news that Ka'ena & Kerby were together at Ka'ena Point on her 9-22 trek.


........like I said, Buster and Benny ! I was pau for da' day, but a call from the afore mentioned Kaupo Beach Park homeless derelict lady at 1833 brought news that "they're back ". When I arrived at 0650 there was just enough light to allow me to say for absolute certain that it was Buster and Benny. I put up some signs, and will just have to hope that the denizens at the rock bottom of the society who dwell there will stay put in their cars (homes), and leave them alone. I called it a day in the pitch black at 1910. I'll be back first thing in the morning

No comments: