Friday, September 11, 2009

DB Post Thursday 9/10/09

At 0646, from the Makapuu Overview (MO), I found what would turn out to be Kolohe, tucked into the grass at the right end of the beach on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier (MP) at 0944 I found that Kolohe had moved down to the water line to cool off, and he had been joined by Buster. They would both remain there the rest of the day. I never saw any interaction.

Also at 0944 I found Mikala , 100 ft right of 3BS. She would remain there , by herself , all day.

As has happened so often since he joined the cast, when Duke was a no show all day, I decided to relocate to MO at 1400, and sure enough, there was Duke, clearly visible at the Rubble Beach, that I call "Rocky Right Beach" (RRB). He had been totally invisible to me from MP. That location has become one of Duke's favorite hang outs, since it affords little guys alittle peace and quiet.

White Plains lifeguard, John, called at 1027 to report that N3 was on the beach. The lifeguards cordoned her off and put up signs. Team Billand confirmed the Irma ID at 1105.




No comments: