Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 9/15

On my first look at Rabbit Island from the Makapuu Overview,at 0626, I found what would turn out to be RIP at the left end of the beach. He would remain there all day.

When I got to Makai Research Pier for the day, at 0813 I found Mikala, newly hauled out fronting 1BS at the left end of the beach. Through the next hour she would slowly galumph down to come within 10 ft of RIP, but there was never any interaction. RIP barely acknowledged her presence.

Mikala would enter the water at 1107 and would haul out again to 1BS at 1206, where she spent the rest of the day.

At 1143, Kolohe hauled out to the right end of the Middle Cliff (RMC) and remained there by himself for the rest of the day.

A White Plains lifeguard called at 1446 to report an animal fronting the last cottage. I called Team Billand and , of course, they were on their way. They called at 1534 they called to confirm that it was Ewa Girl.

No comments: