Wednesday, September 9, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 9/9

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0635, and again on my 0805 check, I found RIP at the top of the beach front incline 70 ft left of 1BS. He would be gone when I got back to Rabbit Island at 1142.

From 0806 until 1142 I was on a SW quadrant run. I checked everything from Ewa Beach to Campbell Industrial Park and found nobody.

When I got back to Makai Research Pier at 1142, I found the weaners, Mikala and Duke, close together at the far left end of the beach. They would remain there , together, for the rest of the day.

On pan at 1147 I became aware of a partially visible animal in a tide pool, at the right end of the beach. Just as yesterday it proved to be Kolohe. He would finally move up into full view with the rising tide, at 1439, and remained there the rest of the day.


No comments: