Friday, September 11, 2009

DB Post Friday 9/11

On my first look at Rabbit Island, at 0636 I found M38 and Kolohe at the right end. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0905 M38 was still there, but was now in the company of Mikala.

At 0924 on a pan I found Kolohe galumphing in the shallows approximately 30 ft left of the others, and headed their way. Mikala entered the water before he could get there, and M38 followed her shortly thereafter. After a slight delay, Kolohe also entered the water. I immediately lost everybody.

At 1008 Mikala hauled out by herself at the right end, and just a minute or so later came Kolohe. I did not see M38 again today. Kolohe and Mikala never interacted but spent the rest of the day together.

Team Billand called at 1058 to report a foraging animal off shore of the right side of the Nimitz Beach Park jetty. They called again at 1154 to say that Irma had finally hauled out to "Kermit's Reef", to the right of the jetty.



No comments: