Friday, September 25, 2009

News Report Regarding Shooting Death

Aloha Good People

I sent an email out earlier this afternoon when I got the news. I apologize to anyone who did not receive my original message... I was using an incomplete monk seal distribution list. So to all the volunteers I am sorry, I wanted to give you a heads up before you got the news from the television.

Yes I am angry, I am outraged and more than anything I am sad... so sad that we lost another one of our animals... I don't know what this all means, I am at a loss for words. I obtained a copy of the court file from the district attorney. If anyone is interested in a copy please send me an email at dabella50@gmail.com .

Here is the link from KITV...
http://www.kitv.com/news/21121280/detail.html

2 comments:

Barbara said...

It is with great disappointment, this man, who slaughtered, murdered a healthy, pregnant seal, along with a full term male pup...just sounds utterly insane!!! The seal was basking, innocently on shore, not hurting anyone!!! He is an excellent shot for just scaring the seal off . He claims he shot it from his hip, not aiming at the seal??? I think not!!! To shoot the the animal in the heart??? Where is the justice here??? Excuse Me!!!!! What?? TO only get a $25 fine??? Three months in JAIL!!!! He killed..an innocent mom, in sleep mode!!! This is not an innocent, harmless shooting people...It is cold blooded MURDER!!!!!!My heart goes out to all the Kauai Volunteers. It just isnt right!!!!!! Bah!!!!

Dana Jones said...

With the way the justice system is now days this plea bargain probably says it all. Even the DA didn't think this piece of scum would be convicted, and I have my doubts too. Although he contradicted himself several times in his statement (she ate my fish, and I had to clear the beach for campers) how does all that translate to killing a sleeping seal.

I think we have to change the laws to make sure this is no longer a misdeameanor, but considered a felony. i.e. Michael Vick. Dogfighting finally got put into the criminal justice system as a felony. After ranting and raving and all the emotions we seal people go through when such an injustice is done, it all boils down to changing the laws. Let's do something about this people.....