Thursday, May 21, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 5/20/2009

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust, until I got to Spitting Cave at 0746. There I found Irma doing 12 to 14 minute dives.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0911 I began to get glimpses of Ewa Girl and the pup swimming in the left end of the beach area. It was another day with waves and rough conditions, so the occasional glimpse of a head was all that was possible. At 0950 Mom and the kid hauled out to the left end of the beach. After a feed, they both settled down to snooze mode. Since it was a cloudy, overcast day, there was almost no other movement. They remained at that location the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1214 I found Kolohe, newly hauled out to the water rocks to the right of 3BS. When I first saw him he was tossing a piece of palm frond around, but he tired of that quickly and settle down to snooze mode for the rest of the day.

In case you hadn't noticed that Festa girl is back in town !!!!!


No comments: