Monday, May 11, 2009

DB Post Monday 5/11/2009

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0635, I found Ewa Girl & Pup at the left end of the island , Benny was partially visible tucked into the base of the cliff , left of 1BS. When I got back to MP at 1025, Mom and the kid were doing a tide pool session, but hauled out to spend the rest of the day just above the water line, feedin' and snoozin' . Benny would move down to cool off mid morning, and remained visible all day. He is 70% molted. That was the Rabbit Island cast for today.

The Billands called at 1044 with the wonderful news that Kermit was happy and well at Maili Point, on the west side. It has been 3 days since his Waikiki visit, and I hadn't seen him out in the SE quadrant, so I thought it likely that he might pop up on the SW side, but Maili Pt. was more than I would have expected. I'd have to say that his travels are a good sign , in terms of his recovery.

At 1110, Brenda advised that Irma was at White Plains. The Billands would later confirm that she moved to the "Last Bench" at Kalaeloa Campgrounds in the afternoon. It's a much better location for all concerned.

I got a call from an Iroquois Point employee reporting an animal at 1112. Then Billands confirmed that it was 4DJ (T21M), at 1158. Aloha, DB


Ewa girl & pup
Rocky
4DJ
Irma
Kermit
Kermit

No comments: