Sunday, May 10, 2009

LATE DB FRIDAY POST 5/8/2009

The day began with my arrival in Waikiki at 0500. I remained there until 0700, and saw no indication of Kermit at all. I continued on with my usual route, but found nobody until I arrived at Makai Research Pier at 0738. The Rabbit Island cast would be Ewa Girl &Pup, M38, Sadie, RIP and a 50% rotted Benny.

At 0802, Brenda called with the dreaded Kermit in Waikiki call. When I got there at 0838 I found Kermit directly fronting the 2F Lifeguard Stand. I got him cordoned off, and was relieved at 1000 by Karen Bryan. Shifts were set up til sundown. I'll return for the nightshift if required.

Team Billand reported Irma at White Plains at 1042.

Brenda called at 1301 with the report of an animal at the Black Point end of Diamond Head, for the second day in a row. Colleen would later confirm that it was Rocky, and that she later moved more west. Aloha, DB

No comments: