Friday, May 29, 2009

KP2 Update

Aloha,
Well we continue to be amused by the "kid" Today we were called to the wharf at 12:50p.m. Seems KP2 has now become a construction worker. There have been some pier workers at the wharf for the last couple weeks. Today KP2 decided he would climb aboard the platform and take a nap--he even used the lifejacket as a pillow. Wish I would have had a photo of that!! When the workers were done for the day they could not get KP2 to leave the platform. They lifted the platform out of the water with KP2 still sound asleep (Dave wasn't too happy about that one!) Once they got the platform out of the water KP2 got off the platform and found his next snoozin spot under the picnic table. That's when my husband and I arrived

He is also really becoming a wharf/island mascot. Yesterday a car load of folks from Seattle came to the wharf looking for him cuz they'd heard about him and wanted to take his photo. He really is a great poster child--lots of good PR/exposure coming from this, I just hope that nothing "bad" happens to him.

Here are some photos of todays adventure.I will be telling this story next week at the conference--so pretend like it's the first time you've heard it!!! Fondly, val bloy

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I feel great concern for this Legendary Monk Seal KP2. The story is adorable, yet, we all know this is not good for a little seal in a human's world. He looks great, he looks alert and plump. Glad the construction workers are good with him. This poor seal means no harm to any human,he justs wants love and a place to stay. A car load of visitors? How did they know of KP2? Hmmm, kid is really getting famous. I too hope no one harms this sweet kid, hanging out at the wharf. He has turned into a HARBOR SEAL!!! Hope the capture of him goes smoothly and KP can get back to being a monk seal and finds his other brothers and sisters at his next location. I want to keep this darling seal myself. I miss him ever since he left Oahu in December. Thank you Val for the update. It made me smile and concerned at the same time. THanks for being a good MOM to KP, he needs looking after, even if he is surviving on his own. He loved his octopus at the KMCB and we all loved observing his reaction to eatting one. Be anxious to hear if ya get em. Be gentle, he is so worth saving, he has grown on all of us and we want this seal to make it, along with all the others on Molokai. Good luck!!! Miss ya KP2, you'll always be in my soul!!!

Kehaulani said...

I feel as if this pup KP2 can make a difference in so many kids. Also i dont know you but i do thankyou for raising something so beautiful. I myself loves this Monk Seal. I would provide everything for him. If i could. I am amazed bye him and wish the best for him. I also have pictures and i look for him because its as if hes a family and i have feelings for him and never ever want to hurt him. I miss him and hope to see him again. if you need pictures you let me know because i have alot and i really hope to help you.... if i can........email me.....please let me know what i can do to help you if there is anything.... Also i forgot to tell you how i met this little fela.. i seen him at canoe shack and he was outside stuck and i helped him get free and he thanked me after and we bonded alot i heard about him and love seals know alot about them and this is like a dream come true.......Thankyou again and you have a good day.....