Thursday, May 21, 2009

DB Post Thursday 5/21/2009

The Rabbit Island cast for today was Ewa Girl and Pup (D#14), Kolohe, and Buster. Today is the first day that "fat" can be used in describing the kid. As soon as they hauled out this morning I saw that for the very first time I saw a roundness to the kid. This is only the beginning, of the phat phase. They would do 3 observed feeds, and 3 observed swim sessions today. Fortunately, the conditions were back to calm and observations of swim sessions were much easier.

At 0740 I found Irma cruisin' on the rocks at "Irma's Grotto", on the Kokee Flats at Portlock.

A call from Val Bloy , on Molokai, absolutely made my day , when she reported my first born, RIP (RR70), over there today. I've always suspected that he goes there but sightings have been rare. To Team Bloy, Thank You.....................very much !! Aloha, DB







1 comment:

Hawaii Stella's said...

What is going on with people killing the monk seals on Kauai???????