Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 5/26/2009

I found Ewa Girl & Pup on a swim at the left end of the island when my day began at 0620. That would be the first of 4 swims, and 3 feeds that I would observe today.

At 0913 I found Sadie moving down to the water at the left end of the beach. She had been further up on the beach and I'd been totally unaware of her until she moved down to the beach front incline. She would remain there until run off by Ewa Girl on her 1300 haul out. I did not see Sadie again today.

At 1304 found M38 just hauling out to Ewa Girl& Pup's location. Ewa Girl quickly changed his mind. I did not see him again after that.

On a pan at 1339 I found Kolohe , newly hauled out at the right end of the island. Her would remain there the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported Irma at WP, still at yesterday's location, at 1035, and reported Kermit at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 1125 .

From 1347 until 1535 I had 4 people (2 males/2 females) at Rabbit Island. Technically speaking they were never "on the island", but their snorkeling ranged from their boat (HA 3264G) anhorage at 2BS down to directly in front of Ewa Girl and Pup at the far left end, in 2 inches to no more than 2 feet of water. Had Ewa Girl been in the water they most certainly would have been attacked, and even when they were directly in front of them an attack most certainly have occurred. Fortunately Ewa Girl and Pup were asleep the entire time. I called to ask DOCARE to cross reference the boat number and contact the boat owner to advise how dangerous their behavior had been today. I have NO faith in DOCARE but I KNOW that Ewa Girl can take care of the problem if it happens again. This same boat and the same two males had shown up at RI late yesterday, with 5 girls on board. Today, the guys had weeded out the fat, ugly friends and were back with the two "hotties" . Their may be another act to this story.

Team Billand reported Irma , still at yesterday's White Plains location at 1035, and Kermit at the Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 1125.

I got a call at 1828 from DOCARE , on the scene of a Gill Net at Hau Bush (Onelua Beach Park, Ewa Beach). There has been an unattended net there all day, and a seal in the area, but for reasons known ONLY to DOCARE, they can't retrieve the net until tomorrow morning. PATHETIC is the only word I can think of, but NIGHTMARE quickly follows.





1 comment:

Barbara said...

We all viewed the R.I. invaders with Ewa Girl and Pup right in front of the man. What ta hell was he thinking??? He is dam lucky Ewa Girl didnt bite his head off!! I can't imagine how you felt DB, just viewing the shot..boils my brains. Still wish we could do more to these illegal activities on R. I. I hate to say it but...if we had a few good guys to come out and yell at these MORONS, Crank em one, maybe they'd get the message about leaving the seals alone!!! It's obvious these folks dont read well and don't care. Bahhhh!!!!!!!! Snort!!!!! Whoop!!! Whoop!!! as Ewa Girl would way!!!!!