Saturday, May 2, 2009

DB Post Saturday 5/2/2009

When I walked out the door this morning, it was my intention not to go to the SW quadrant, but, of course, I couldn't NOT go. At 0642 on my first look at Rabbit Island I found what would prove to be Benny , just hauling out to IBS on Rabbit Island. When I got back at 1500 I found that he had been joined by an U/F, with 2 red tags. I could not get a confirmed ID due to lack of movement.

When I arrived at White Plains at 0806 I found Kermit in the water to the right of the east end perimeter fence. He briefly looked at the sand area to the east side of the fence, but as has been the case, turned and swam outside and in an Ewa Beach direction. I lost him at 0818. After an hours wait, I went off to check all of the Ewa Beach accesses, but never found anybody.

At 1144 I found Irma at "Last Bench", Kalaeloa Campgrounds. A fisherman posse member said she hauled out at approximately 0930 .

Posse member Mary Jay in Ewa Beach called at 1628 to report a swimming animal just off shore, moving in westerly direction.

A call from Thea at 1806 reported that posse member John Sadowski reported an animal near his house in Ewa Beach. A subsequent call to John at 1825 confirmed an animal with a new coat, but no other info at the moment. He definitely confirmed that it was NOT Kermit. I'd put my dollar on 4DJ, but that is just personal opinion.

D. Schofield called at 1800 to say he'd received a call from HPD about a swimming animal at Iroquois Point . There was no further information.

I'll send off the dailies, and will advise if any further ID info comes this evening. Aloha, DB
Irma
Kermit
U/F and Benny
U/F nd Benny

No comments: