Thursday, May 14, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 5/13/2009

ALOHA - Sorry for the late post and lack of photos.... I am off island and thought I would have a better connection. I am going to try again later... but in the meantime I'll do the best I can.
~donna~

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0634 I found Ewa Girl & Pup at the left end , and Benny also at the left end but 50 ft or so to the right. All would remain there all day. At the right end , at 0900 I found Kolohe up in the vegetation as usual, to the right of 3BS, and Buster down on the water front rocks directly below him. Kolohe would move down and remain there all day. Buster would enter the water at 1216 and I did not see him again today.

Ewa Girl & Pup added a new wrinkle to the daily grind. The morning water session, just as with the last 3 days , was just lolling in a tide pool, but the afternoon session involved a rising tide, and real shorebreak and deeper water. Mom was only half submerged if that, but the kid was having a ball getting worked by the shore break, getting tossed around and rolled up the beach. Of course, there was still lots of feedin' and snoozin'.

The Billands reported Kermit at Maili Point,at 0847, once again.

Colleen Heyer called at 1250 to report Rocky at the Beach Rd end of Diamond Head. Apparently , she had been there since around 1000.

No comments: