Sunday, January 25, 2009

DB Post Saturday 1/24/2009

In yesterday's installment I made a big deal about having 12 animals on Oahu, and how 13 was the record. Well, as it turns out the record was tied. I found evidence of a Rocky haul out at Diamond Head yesterday, on the FLICKR site.

I found Ewa Girl waiting for me on her left side perch at Hanauma Bay this morning. There is no doubt in my mind that she did an overnighter.

The Rabbit Island cast wasn't quite what it was yesterday, but it was close. I began with an animal hauling out to the mid, Middle Cliff (MMC) area, and unfortunately it moved in behind the water front rocks and I was only able to see a sliver of the animal for the rest of the day. I hate to end the day with an unknown, but that what it will have to be. I saw red tags, and it was a small to medium animal, which may well have been one of the girls, but I can't state that as fact.

At 1049, Buster hauled out to the right of the 3BS, followed closely by RIP. They would remain at that location all day, only moving down to cool off. There was never any observed interaction.

At 1050, what would turn out to be Kolohe hauled out to the same location, but maintained a 15-20 ft separation from the other two. The others never even moved a whisker.

At 1152 Mojo hauled out to the same location and he moved directly to Kolohe. There was some brief nuisance nuzzling ,but when Kolohe rolled away just a few feet, Mojo knocked it off and went to snooze mode. Later , around mid day Kolohe moved down to cool off and once again Mojo galumphed over and began the nuisance nuzzling, and some brief climbing on. Kolohe moved up and away, and Mojo did not follow. All were in snooze mode when I departed the pier at 1500.

Team Billand reported Irma at the Last Bench, Kalaeloa Campground, at 0958.
Ewa Girl
Ewa Girl
Kolohe, Mojo, RIP & Buster
Kolohe, Mojo, RIP & Buster
Kolohe & Mojo
Irma

No comments: