Friday, January 9, 2009

News Links - 1/9/2009

DB sent the following link regarding the the munitions found on Rabbit Island... Actually quite frightening... I didn't put anything in the "dailies" since I thought it was all "Hush-Hush", but it was in the online Advertiser even before I got home. So much for "Hush-Hush". Aloha, DB

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090109/BREAKING01/90109039

And just as an interesting story...
The other night I was watching Late Night with Craig Fergurson (DB way past your bedtime) .... Anyway his guest was William Shatner who talked about a trip to Hawaii. (don't' know how recent or which island exactly) But he had an encounter with a monk seal.... His first encounter was when the seal was on the beach and "some one" was putting post all around it... Shatner was told this seal had been around too many people and therefore people had to stay away (???? Um excuse me.... they're endangered) ... anyway he mentioned OR70 which I honestly think he meant RO42.... The story gets better.... early the next morning he gets up and goes for a swim and while in the ocean he is grabbed from behind and well was being hugged by a very friendly seal.... I was laughing... I only wish he mentioned how endangered these animals are...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Scary, makes you wonder how long that ordnance has been lying out there. Glad they're taking care of it now.

Shatner does look a little like Benny, doncha think? Maybe Irma got confused. :)