Sunday, May 20, 2012

5-20-2012 DB's Dailies: Kekoa&Kolohe@RI, M&M@WP


I was on the road at 0545 on the Irma/Kaiwi Quest. Alas, Kaiwi was to be a no show again today, despite many a mile, both afoot, and awheel,by Marilyn&I and the Elves .

At 0838 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22), partially visible behind the water front rocks at Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. He would relocate to 1BS at 1351.

The highlight of the day came at 0939. On a pan I found a small, green critter fronting 1BS on Rabbit Island. My first thought was Nani, but more info was required. At 0947 the animal rolled and a transmitter came into view. Because Kaiwi is uppermost in my mind, I thought it was her, but I couldn't see a bleach, so the observations continued. At 1005 came another roll, and this time a penis was added to the info. No doubt about it, Kekoa (RK72) was on Rabbit Island !!! That was a very pleasant surprise. He had first visited RI back on a 3 day package on 11-3/4/5-11, and then came again on 11-10-11. Today was his 3rd recorded visit.

At 1351 Kolohe stopped by for a visit. There was light interaction, and then Kolohe reentered the water at 1402. Kekoa quickly followed. I watched play activity in the shallows until 1415, when I lost them. On a 1738 RI recheck, I found Kolohe&Kekoa snoozin' , 100 ft left of 1BS, on RI.

Team Billand checked in at 0734 with the report of M&M (R020) between Tower#1 and the east end fence line, at White Plains. Vera Cober advised that M&M departed around 1630.

Colleen Heyer called at 0950 with the report of Irma (R010) near the showers at Diamond Head. The usual excellent Colleen photos confirm the Irma ID.

Kekoa and Kolohe having some play time 
 Boys being Boyz
 Kekoa giving the seal whisper a happy day 
 Irma @ Diamond Head 
 So big momma where you going to be tomorrow?
 M+M @ White Plains
 She looking pretty ready
 and we anxiously wait to see where she will go to have her pup
 I think M+M has the most expressive eyes.... 
 A busy sunday afternoon... and M+M doesn't seem to care
 Okay... now that's a look
 and she is forced to bury her head in the sand

No comments: