Wednesday, August 27, 2014

8/26/2014 DB's Dailies: Kainoa&Nani@RI, Kea@SB, Buster@BH&SB, Pohaku@Nanakuli, Kolohe@GR&Maili Pt, Benny@Yokes, M&M@WP

At 0600 I checked Sandy Beach and found that Kea was gone. I picked up the stuff and continued the adventure.

 At 0640 I found Buster (RV08) doing 9 minute dives at Blowhole. I only saw 2 Ups before he disappeared.

On the 0727 Rabbit Island check I found Kainoa (RN04), 40 ft left of 1BS, and Nani (RK60) on the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet. Her “N60" bleach was clearly visible. On a pan at 1152 I noticed that she was gone, but there was another chapter to her story.

 HURL (UH Subs at the Pier), posse member Doug called at 1404 to advise that he was watching “N60" eating a fish, 30 ft off shore at the pier. Of course she was gone when I arrived.

 Posse member Maili observed “N46" hauling at to the outfall at 1245, and notified the lifeguards who in turn called me. When I arrived at 1255 I confirmed the Kea (RN46) ID, and cordoned him off. He remains.

 At 1439 Kimo Smith called to advise that Buster had done a quick visit to Kea, but after a brief stay he returned to the water. I was just arriving to the site when Kimo called, so I noted Buster headed out the Half Point channel. I relocated to Blowhole and at 1451 Buster arrived to begin 6 minute dives.

 At 1634 I found Buster (RV08) hauled out to the Blowhole end of SB. I cordoned him off. Posse member Kathy called at 1736 to advise that Buster had departed the SPZ and was now back to Blowhole.

 At 0621 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) once again at Nanakuli. It was yet another day of the Nanakuli troublesome crowd.

 At 0848 the Billands noted an animal off shore of Guard Rails. At 1000 Kolohe (RW22) hauled out. He would depart at 1217.

 At 1053 Team Billand found Benny (E74) at Yokes.

 Diane T called at 1122 to advise of an animal slowly swimming the White Plains beach front. The Billands would call at 1519 with the same report. No haul out yet. The Billands advised that it is M&M (R020), but as of 1814 she had still not hauled out.

 In the Yesterday’s News department Kimo Smith did the KP trek yesterday and reported RIP (RR70)&Temp402 at the end of the world, and found Luana (RN58) on the way home, at the birth beach, Mokuleia.
Buster at Blow hole
 Buster at Sandys
 Kea and Buster 
 Kea at Sandys 
Benny at Yokes
 Kolohe at Guard Rails
 MM at white plains
 peek a boo
 ha ha haaaaa.... you're not going to find me!!!!
 Pohaku at Nanakuli
 

No comments: