Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8/12/2014 DB's Dailies: Aukai&Kainoa@RI, Buster@BH&SB, Kolohe@GR, Pohaku@Nanakuli, M&M@WP

At 0600 I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08) doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole.

 At 1208 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1221 I found my #3 son, Buster (RV08), and cordoned him off. On my 1630 recheck Buster was gone. I found him doing 6 minute dives at BH at 1648.

 At 0659 on my 1st look at Rabbit Island from Makai Pier, I found what would prove to be Aukai (RL12) and Kainoa (RN04) together, 80 ft left of 1BS on RI. They would enter the water together at 1042. I glimpsed them several times in the water through the day.

 At 0620 Team Billand reported Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Guard Rails.

 At 0638 they reported Pohaku (R028), alone, at Nanakuli.

 At 0717 the Billands advised that their posse member , surfer Rich had found and cordoned off M&M (R020) at Tower#2, White Plains. They would later confirm the ID. Thanks to Diane T for her M&M shots.

 The Billands are workin’ late. Check the blog in the morning for their day.

Auakai and Kainoa 
 Buster 
 MM - great picture of what it looks like when the seals molt... sometimes it comes off in large pieces 
 it will be over soon pretty lady
MM at white plains

No comments: