Saturday, August 2, 2014

8-1-2014 DB's Dailies:

At 0541 Joanne called with a Hotline call from HPD about an animal at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0545 I found T990, fronting the main life guard stand at SB. I cordoned him off and thanked the officers. At 0842, 2 local As***les deliberately entered with a GoPro to stick up his nose and ran him off. After picking up the equipment I relocated to the Blowhole Lookout for a SB overview, and sure enough at 0917 I found T990 just beginning to haul out to the far Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. I relocated and at 0923 got him cordoned off. He has remained the rest of the day. On my 1715 check I found that Buster (RV08) had joined T990 and a 12 rounder was in progress in the near shore waters. Gayle was down there and got some shots. You may need to check the blog in the morning for those shots. Both were gone by 1800.

 When I got to Makai Pier for my 2nd Rabbit Island look, I found what would prove to be Aukai (RL12) at the far left end of the island.

At 1218 I became aware of what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) at Seal Rock Inlet on RI.

 At 0649 Team Billand checked in with the report of M&M (R020) fronting #1708, White Plains. She would depart at 0950.

The Billands advised they had gotten word of an animal returning to WP late in the day. Dana confirmed the ID as M&M again.

 At 1226 the Billands found Pohaku (RO28)&RIP (RR70) at Maili Guard Rails.

 At 1243 they reported Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.

 At 1502 Team Billand called with the report of RL42 at Makua Cliffs.

 Aukai
 T990 and some friends... wish every monk seal had a team of friends like this.

 
 MM
 Pohaku and Rip... hmmm two timing Rip!
 pohaku
 rip
 Rl42
 
Kolohe
T990 and Buster posturing for territory.... I guess Buster doesn't care T990 should be a respected elder.


No comments: