Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4-4-2012 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi@SB, Irma@MB, U/U's@RI&KK, RO28@PC, Noa&R018@Maili Pt, 2aw@Pokai Bay, Ewa Girl&Kekoa@RR, Kermit@WP


At 0610 I found Kaiwi (RK96) waiting for me when I pulled into Kaiwi Kove. She would throw us a few new wrinkles today. She departed at 1150, and I found her again when I got back for a 1403 check. She would depart again with the rising tide at 1442. Thank you the Elves for just being !! Ya' Done Good !!

At 0712 I found Irma (R010) just hauling out to Makapuu Beach. I got her cordoned off, and she has remained all day.

My Rabbit Island observation time was very limited today. An animal with 2 red tags, hauled out to the water front rocks at Seal Rock Inlet, but because I was in and out so much I never got an ID. When I got back at 1445, the animal was gone, and I did not see it again .

I got a call from a fisherman posse member at 1236 reporting an animal in the water at the Kaiser Estate dock at the Kokee Flats. I arrived to find a very high tide with no possibility of a haul out, but I did see a piece of camera/phone video showing an U/U , adult sized animal returning to the water. The footage has no ID value. I checked China Walls, and Spitting Cave also but never found anybody. I'd put my dollar on Rocky, but ????????

Team Billand reported RO28 at Paradise Cove at 0813.
At 0855 They found Noa (R6FI) and R018 together at Maili Point.
At 1018 they reported 2AW at Lualualei BP. Thanks to DOCARE Officer Keawe who went above and beyond, protecting 2AW.
At 1512 Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) fronting #1944, at White Plains.

Dera checked in at 1240 to advise that Reef Runway posse member Eileen had once again reported Ewa Girl (RS00) , and son Kekoa (RK72) nose to nose at the birth beach, Reef Runway.

Kaiwi @ Kaiwi Cove 
 hmmm maybe I should go for a swim
 oh, I don't know... maybe i'll take a nap
 aww I don't know what to do....!!!
 I'll just stay put
 or maybe not!
 Big Momma Irma @ Makapuu
 looks so peaceful!
 Irma's shark marks...
 2AW @ Lualalei Beach Park with officer Keawe 
Thank you for looking out for our seals
 2AW resting comfortably
 Was there a reason DOCARE was called out, or were they just watching over until Team Billand arrived?
 RO28  @ Paradise Cove
 Noa and R018 @ Maili Point
 sweet shot of the two of them hanging out
 Noa
 R018
 Kermit tanning his belly @ White Plains
 Looks like he had some space today.... not going to be that way this weekend... Volunteers if you're interested and have time contact Dana Jones Response Coordinator @ sealonthebeach@gmail.com to help out this holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The officer was there as he saw the need to monitor the seal, due to humans out there. There are homeless, dogs, etc. We were with other animals and couldnt stay and I called out for volunteerss to help, but no one came. So Officer stood by and we are so very grateful for his help. One kid was gonna throw rocks at the seal and officer was right there to stop it. Awesome!!! We did make another last check, as officer had to move on. 5:30 2AW remained, but we had to leave and took our signs, lately someone stealing the signs and we were afraid if it would all disappear again. We also got help from HPD, how cool is THAT?????????

We also called for help at KoOlina Paradise Cove with sweet Pohaku. I think one volunteer went..Linda??? If so, thank you very much!!!