Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4-24-2012 DB Dailies: Irma@SB, Buster@RI, R018,Noa,Benny, Kerby&RIP@Maili Pt., Kermit&Makaiwi@WP, Right Spot@Shark's Cove


At 0530 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me once again, right where I'd left her last night. I redid the cordon, and continued on. She has remained all day. This is her 4th consecutive day, with 3 nights on the beach. She has not left the beach during this stay. She appears to be completely normal, but I've notified the office of the situation. Naturally, I'll be keeping an eye on her. I picked up the rope at 1930. Irma remains.
At 1304 , on my 3rd Rabbit Island check I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08), 70 ft right of Seal Rock Inlet. He as remained the rest of the day.

On my first RI check of the day I found that the 1st Blue "No Landing" sign has now completely collapsed and is lying face down. Some weeks ago I notified DLNR that the right leg had broken and that it was cockeyed, and flapping in the wind. "It's not a top priority at this time" was the answer. Naturally, I notified them of the latest twist (with photo). Hopefully, the priorities well change, but I have ZERO faith.

At 0735 Team Billand reported R018 at Maili Point, with 2 others in the water foraging. No IDs were possible. At 1313 the Billands checked in again with the news that the Maili Point cast was now R018, Noa (R6FI), Benny (RE74), Kerby (RW08) & RIP (RR70), all together on the rocks.

At 0901 the Billands reported Kermit (R012) fronting #1708, and Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1706 at White Plains.

 Irma @ Sandy Beach burying her head in the sand
 Big momma settled in at Sandy's .... wonder how long she'll be around 
 at least it looks quiet out at the beach
 Buster scratching an itch while on rabbit island
 One sign down... hope it didn't crush any nest
 R018 relaxing at Maili Point
 R018 tag 6FA/6FB
 Benny @ Maili - isn't this where he found the playboy magazine?
 Noa, Benny, Kerby and RIP
 Another Jack Pot for the billands!
 Kerby W08
 So nice for Kerby to be exploring more outside of Ka'ena Point
 Who is that handsome dude?  hey that's me!
 R70/71 RIP
 RIP rockstar protector of M+M
 6FI/6FJ Noa
 Sweet Noa
 Buddies Kerby and Noa 
 Kermit @ White Plains
 I'm the man... with a hat!  Beat that Benny boy!
 Pretty girl Maka'iwi getting some rest @ white plains
 Hey Kermit you want to keep it down... trying to get some rest... oh wait that's my hat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that Irma is healthy and just in need of some R & R. (this is Lauray)

Donna said...

I hope so too Lauray... I was actually thinking she might be resting up before she decides where she going to have her pup this year... especially if she goes off island.. Then again she may decide she doesn't have to go anywhere.

Anonymous said...

I hope she stays on Oahu. I am so upset at the news of another seal being killed. Methinks that there needs to be stiffer penalties to hopefully deter the idiots who are doing this. (Lauray)