Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4-17-2012 DB's Dailies:


On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0656 I could see a partially visible animal behind the dunes, left of 1BS. The animal would finally start moving down at 1123, and by 1144 when he was at the water line I lucked out and saw his male belly, with a posterior vental, right side partial CC scar. It was Benny (RE74). He entered the water at 1144. On my 1650 check of RI I found that Benny was once again back on the beach, 80 ft left of 1BS.

At 0819 posse member Jodie called to advise that one of the park posse had reported an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0826 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me. I got her cordoned off, and she has remained all day. Irma departed at 1927.

Dera called at 1024 to advise that a Ka'ena Point visitor had reported RO40, Ka'ena at KP.

At 1144 Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz Jetty.

Dera called again at 1405 to advise that Eileen had called to report T21M at the Reef Runway today.

Team Billand checked in at 1652 to report that T15M had hauled out 50 ft away from Kermit at Nimitz Cove.

Irma @ Sandys Beach
 Big momma resting
 Benny @ Rabbit Island... well this isn't a sight that is seen very often. Wonder if he was looking for some females and struck out.... By the way, wonder what Sadie is up to these days and if this is the year she'll birth or next? 
 Such a handsome picture of Kermit @ Kermit's Reef
 Kermit you packed on a few pounds there buddy.... (haven't we all)... maybe in monk seal world that's what makes the girls like you, but I would be careful, you need to stay in shape and fend off Benny boy.
 Old man T15 
 Such an incredible animal sign of strength and survival
 T15 and Kermit hanging out together!

No comments: