Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4-10-2012 DB Dailies:Buster@SC&CW, Nani@RI, Kermit@WP, Pohaku@PC, Right Spot@Alligator Rock


The day began at 0600 on the Irma & Kaiwi quest. We found neither today.

At 0749 Gayle called to report an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived , I found Buster (0813) doing 7 minute dives. Later in the day I spoke with posse member Kathy who advised that Buster was not there when she arrived at SC at 1100. At 1310 I got a call from pool cleaner posse member Van, reporting "RV09" (Buster) on the bench behind the house he was working at on Hanapepe Loop, next to China Walls. Van had reported Buster there a few weeks ago also. When I arrived at 1400, sure enough Buster was cruisin' and snoozin' on the rocks behind the house.

At 1142 I found Nani (RK60) at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island.
At 0936 posse member Zeeny called with the report of Kermit (R012) at White Plains.
At 1029 posse member Vera reported Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove.

Dera checked in at 1440 with word that "N6", Right Spot (R016) had been reported at Alligator Rock, on the North Shore.

Gayle brought something to my attention that turned my blood cold when I saw it. Apparently, somebody had driven through the Naupaka bushes at Kaiwi Kove yesterday, at exactly the spot where Kaiwi likes to hide. There is a area, just above the Naupaka where derelicts park either as permenant residents, or simply to alter there brain cells with various chemicals. It appeared as though someone, either by accident or on purpose, had driven right through the Naupaka bush. That could have been a disaster, had she been there. I drug a tree branch over to block the path.  I honestly find this frightening.... I could not believe how many vehicles just pull up onto the rocks at the waters edge, or drive through the sand.  All it takes is one person who doesn't even see a seal or a kid, and that it. I know you're not suppose to drive on the beach, it just amazes me how people just do it over and over and there are no consquences.

Buster @ spitting cave
Buster @ China Walls
  Nani back home on Rabbit Island
 Kaiwi Kove - drive through

 Soooo upsetting...  maybe we need to but a Zeeny rock wall in the naupaka, this way if they try it again they will hit some bumps along the way.
 Zeeny out at White Plains with Kermit.... I take it Team Billand is taking a little break.... perhaps a visit to the 9th island?  sometime with the grand baby? Either way, thank you Zeeny for spending some time watching over white plains. 
 Kermit looking so handsome
 RO28 @ Paradise Cove
 Looks like she found a good spot away from the crowds
 Rock paper seal

No comments: