Sunday, April 22, 2012

4-22-2012 DB Dailies: Irma@SB, Buster@RI, Kermit&Makaiwi@WP, R018@NC, Right Spot@Rocky Pt, Benny,Noa,RIP,M&M@Maili Pt


At 0530 I found Irma waiting for me, right where I'd left her last night. I redid the cordon and continued the adventure. She has remained all day. I picked up the rope at 1930. Irma remains.

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0638. I could barely make out a partially visible animal behind the dune and Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0904 I thought I could see an N21 bleach, but it would be 1122 when Buster (RV08) began to move down ,that I could confirm the ID. He moved down to the water line, and departed at 1200.
Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) fronting #1707 at White Plains. Zeeny reported that Kermit was lolling in the shallows at 1400.


At 0806 the found Makaiwi (R4DF), once again on the Ewa Beach side of the east end perimeter fence at White Plains.

At 0909 the Billands found R018 at Nimitz Cove.

Dana called at 1129 to say that Jeanie Martinson had reported Right Spot (R016) at Rocky Rights on the North Shore.

Colleen Heyer checked in at 1213 to advise that she had just spoken with 3 spear fishermen at the Diamond Head showers, and they had reported that they had been in the company of a small animal with a transmitter and 2 red tags. Unfortunately, they did not note the tag numbers, nor did they notice if there was an N19 bleach or not, so and ID can't be confirmed, but DUH???? It sounds like Kaiwi to me !

Jack at the Bay , of Hanauma Bay fame, called at 1220 to report that one of their visitors reporting having seen a seal in the "sand patch", which is just in side of the Cable Channel buoys. There was no other info. ?????

Team Billand called at 1418 to advise that they had found Benny (RE74) and Noa (R6FI) together, and RIP (RR70) with M&M (R020) together at Maili Point.

 Irma @ Sandy's Beach
 Buster on Rabbit Island 
 Kermit @ White Plains
 Kermit you better start doing some sit-ups your looking like a big momma!
 Maka'iwi in her dramatic pose @ white plains
 I highly recommend anyone who can sit with this girl to make the time... she is one of the more animated seals I've been around. She comes up with some great poses... and she's cute to boot!
 Stretching out her back bone!
 R018
Benny, Noa, RIP and M&M @ Maili Point
Very cute group of kids, nice to know they were seal supporters
Benny and Noa
Benny and the Jets er um I mean Noa
baba benny benny ... benny and noa
Noa

M&M and RIP
M&M telling Benny to back off
RIP telling Benny to listen to her or else
RIP grumbling thats right you better run
Don't worry Big Momma "M" I'll protect you

No comments: