Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4-11-2012 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi@SB, Buster@BH, Irma@Kaiona BP, Kermit@WP, Pohaku@PC


At 0620 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Kaiwi Kove. She had been MIA for 6 days, the last report having been from Dera reporting her in the line up at Diamond Head. This morning I found her lying in the exact path of the furrow caused by the moron driving through the Naupaka a couple of days ago . It was scary looking at her in that location and thinking about how crappy that could have been. The Kaiwi Klan has built the Great Elfin Wall to hopefully keep that from ever happening again, but ?????? People who where in there rental Vanagon camper last night said they heard "odd snorting noises a couple of times" between 1800 and 1900, last night, but had no clue what it was, until I showed them Kaiwi this morning. Kaiwi departed at 1805.
At 0900 I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives at Blowhole.

At 0915 I got a call from my beach dweller posse member at Kaiona Beach Park ( KC was along side his home on the beach several weeks ago), reporting "N3" (Irma), in the shallows behind the bathroom at the beach park. He called a couple minutes later to say that she had departed in a Makapuu direction. I walked every inch of beach between Kaiona BP and Makai Pier, and found nobody, however I did find Kunia and her dog, who cooberated the N3 sighting at Kaiona. I have done mulitple checks of Kaupo Beach Park, as well as Makapuu Beach, but found nobody. Tomorrow.... Only Irma Knows !

At 0858 Vera Cober called with the report of Kermit (R012) who had overnighted fronting #1708, White Plains. Kermit departed at 1700.

Team Billand called from Vegas to advise that they'd gotten a call about an animal at Paradise Cove. I knew Vera was on the way, and sure enough she checked in at 1018 with the Pohaku (RO28) confirmation at PC. Pohaku departed at 1800.

At 0908,there was a report from Dana, of 2 animals at Maili Point. She called at 1351 to advise that she'd found nobody.
Dera checked in at 1422 to advise that Eileen had reported Kekoa (RK72) at the Reef Runway.

 Kaiwi's Elves... Gayle, June and Kathy- great work on the wall 
 Kermit @ White Plains - THANK YOU Vera 
 RO28 @ Paradise Cove 
 Vera and the Cober family, thank you for once again stepping in and providing some great coverage. I am sure Team Billand will be relieved to know you covering the area.
 KC @ Kahuku
 Kaiwi returns home to her Naupaka Nest 
 Looking forward to snuggling in
 what the heck? 
 SOMEONE messed up my nest !
 crap! I can't get any rest... 
 I'll cool off a little
 not the same as my naupaka nest
 sun's going down... time to go fishing

No comments: