Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11/24/2010 DB Dailies

At 0645 I found Duke tucked into the base of the cliff, 30 ft left of 1BS , on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Research Pier at 1020 I found that he had moved down, and was now joined by Buster. They both remained there all day, with no observed interaction.

Okay..... thats the mundane part of the tail. After that it just got curiouser and couriouser.

At 0918 Makapuu lifeguard posse member , Noa called with the report of an animal just hauling out to the left end of the beach at Makapuu. Gotta' be Irma...right ? .... she was just there on the 19th........... or maybe Right Spot since she was just around the corner yesterday.... WRONG !! To my total amazement, who did I find but, KC (RK28). She has never been to this location before, and was last sighted at Malaekahana on 11-16-10 on the North Shore. This is the 4th haul out EVER to
Makapuu , the first being Chester back on 3-20-08, and the next 3 all occuring this month. Two by Irma (11-9/19), and KC today. I got her cordoned off and she has remained the rest of the day. KC departed of her own volition at 1710.

Dera called at 1047 with the report of an animal just hauling out at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1059 I found Right Spot at the east end of the beach. I cordoned her off and she has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the rope and left the signs at 1900. Right Spot remains.

Eric Tong checked both Right Spot and KC for possible bleaching, but noncooperation from the girls and a rising tide made it a Mission Impossible.

Team Billand checked in at 0659 with the daily Benny report. Once again he was a White Plains.

At 1430 they found 2AW at Tracks, and at 1445, Clay Gates called them with the report of T21M's arrival to Iroquois Point.

Despite lots of lookin' my Irma Quests of the last 3 days have been a bust. Now I know why. At 1515 Team Billand called with the report of Irma at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. She is back in the SW quadrant.

At 1536 the Billands called again with the report of Kermit at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz jetty.

It looks like everybody is home for the holidays. Have a Happy Thanksgiving gang !!

KC
Right Spot
T21M courtesy of posse Clay

No comments: