Saturday, November 13, 2010

11/13/2010 DB Dailies

At 0614 I found Irma waiting for me, once again at Irma's. I got her cordoned off, and she has snoozed the day away. Irma was just departing when I arrived at 1814.

On my first pass there had been nobody at Rabbit Island, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0915 I found Mojo, 90 ft left of 1BS. Allow me to digress for a moment. The RI Wedge Tailed Shearwaters have been fledging for several weeks now. I'm sure that this day will be remembered by Mojo as the day of " The Attack of the Flegding Wedgie" (say that 3 times fast). Mojo was minding his own business, but this Wedgie kept trying to get off the ground (with no success), and when it inadvertantly got too close to Mojo, the guy took off like a scaulded dog. He hauled out again just a few moments later, this time at the far left end of the beach. Once again the same Wedgie got him again, and back he went to the water, only to haul out again, this time 80 ft left of 1BS. Same Wedgie...same result !! Finally, he hauled out to the far right end of the beach at Seal Rock Inlet, and snoozed away the rest of the day. It was so funny to see 500 lbs of Monk Seal being terrorized by a 1 lb Fledging Wedgie.
A DOCARE Incident began at 1217 with the arrival of two males in a green kayak , landing at 3BS. They proceed to explore up into the bird area, and also on the beach, as far as 2BS, before returning to their kayak. I thought to myself that at least they didn't see Mojo. That thought had only just jumped a synapes, when I saw one of them point. They had spied Mojo. Thankfully, they did not go to investigate. Of course I called DOCARE dispatch upon their arrival, and again when they departed at 1245. There was no DOCARE response......AGAIN !!

Team Billand called at 0813 with the report of 2AW at Tracks. Their next call came at 0821 to advise that their posse member Clay Gates had reported Rocky at IRQ. At 0909 they called to say that Kermit was at White Plains today. Kermit departed at 1729. He seems to have a new wound on his bottom lip.

Irma
Mojo and fledgy wedgy
Bad guys bad guys watcha gonna do.... DB is after you.
Rocky - thank you posse member Clay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rocky is soooo cute!