Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/11/2010 DB Dailies

When I arrived at Irma's at 0540, Irma was gone. I picked up the signs and continued the Irma Quest. The quest didn't take long. When I arrived at Kaupo Beach Park at 0703 I found Irma waiting for me near the pier end pump station. I cordoned her off and with the help of great new posse people she managed to stay there all day despite the hordes. She departed of her own volition at 1750.

At 0732 , from Makai Pier, I found Duke up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. When I got back to the pier at 0923 he had moved down and remained there all day.

I also had an U/U at RI today (I hate it when that happens). At 1233 I got just a partial glimpse of an animal hauling out at Rocky Right Beach, on RI. I only got a look at the left side of the head (I can rule out Mojo), and a new coat. (I'll put one cat on RIP ????)

On our Spitting Cave check we found Kolohe doing 8 minute dives.

Speaking of Unknowns, posse member Toni Russ called from Ewa Beach at 0707 with the report of an animal near her house. Her early morning photos were inconclusive, and the animal would be gone when

Team Billand arrived at 0915. In a possibly related story, posse member Jen Christian called at 1711 to say that a worker at the Shooting Range at Ewa Beach had reported an animal there, which is just a couple of flipper flaps from Toni's house. Unfortunately , that too would turn out to be an U/U. The animal was gone when the Christians arrived. Fishermen said the animal had arrived around 1300, and departed at 1720.

Team Billand found Kermit at the 1st bunker on the west side of the Nimitz jetty at 0803.
At 1336 they reported 2AW at Electric Beach.

Posse member Kelly Evans called at 1602 with the report of Right Spot at the right spot at Turtle Bay. There was no Ua Malie sighting today.

Marilyn did the KP trek today, and had a Triple K adventure. She found Ka'ena, Kerby and Kiko at the end of the world. She also wanted me to mention that she saw 3 Albatross for the first time this season.

Irma (great shot of rabbit island)
 2AW
 Kermit

No comments: